my head gasket has just gone!!!!!

A

Anonymous

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: i gutted ive only had the car 3 days!
where would i be able to find a cheap steel one?

J

jasegould

Prob best to have the head tested and skimmed, check over your cooling system aswell if I was you

SickBoy

I just popped round to see John !! Dont think its head gasket

It is missin really bad even on tick over when you rev it it smokes but its grey not white and is quite bad

the water levels are still full and oil is clean no white at all ???

He also said sounded very tappy and rattly before hand

Lee :( :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
SickBoy said:
I just popped round to see John !! Dont think its head gasket

It is missin really bad even on tick over when you rev it it smokes but its grey not white and is quite bad
Internals??? (piston) :( Did he show you the wastegate line? Unconnected??

SickBoy

I believe so there is a pipe comming from the actuator i think but is connected to nothing the boost solonoid has no connection to it either ????

Lee :?

D

disco dave

sounds like pistola mate sorry take out the plug from the cylinder thats its missing on then see if it stops smoking etc

A

Anonymous

ouch sorry to hear that fella if its a piston, good chance to whack some forged ones in there :D 8)

A

Anonymous

yep its defo a piston! just took it down to the local garage to be double sure! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
before this happened i booked it into john noble racing to fit me a uni chip! but know lee told me that you could only run about 320bhp threw them, so if i was to put forge pistons in and a steel head gasket what would be my best plan of attack!

ps. does anyone have any ideas where this pipe should go thats coming of my actuator and with it being off would that cause my turbo turbo to run at full boost therefore blowing a piston1 :?: :?:
cheers
john

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
buzza said:
ps. does anyone have any ideas where this pipe should go thats coming of my actuator and with it being off would that cause my turbo turbo to run at full boost therefore blowing a piston1 :?: :?:
cheers
john

I think you have about 4 threads on the go all related to this. I answered that question in one of them, but I can't remember which one. :p

A

Anonymous

that will be it then! what a bummer! i bought it off ebay like a muppet!

A

Anonymous

buzza said:
yep its defo a piston! just took it down to the local garage to be double sure! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
before this happened i booked it into john noble racing to fit me a uni chip! but know lee told me that you could only run about 320bhp threw them, so if i was to put forge pistons in and a steel head gasket what would be my best plan of attack!

what do you peeps think would be better for the long run?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I wonder if they can be classed as a dealer? Have you got in touch with them about this?

E

Edd

did they fix the oil pressure gauge before they sold you the car??
Just seems suspect the gauge wasnt working, seems more like it wasn't right!