moving topics...not always a great idea...

Jobi Joba

Moving topics to other sections may be usefull...but not before the problem is solved or the question is answered!

I've just created a topic about big brakes and wheels...and this topic can probably interest more than one person.But it has been moved to the "problem solving" section.

Ok...why not.

But if someone answers to my questions now,I just can't answer to my own topic anymore as I can't post in the "problem solving question"... :? :(

Can one of the admins move my topic again and put it back in the general section again please?

S

Stoned

I know. I'm a member and I find it a total pain as well. Whenever you post a question only 80 or so people can potentially view the question which is why I post them in here. Much faster answers from non-members but people who still know what they are talking about

Anyhow in answer to your question (now you cant read it) I put

All down to the design of your wheels mate. I have Superleggera's in 16" form, ET35 iirc and they fit in fine with maybe 2mm to spare. You can shave off a little bit of the caliper to help them fit but be careful! Smile

Jobi Joba

thx for ur answer.I gonna check how expensive is a set of 16" superleggeras.

(I can't shave off my caliper,cause it's not a matter of 2 or 3mm...I guess I would have to remove 10mm!!! lol )

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Well perhaps what we should do then is just have one bigs forum and lump all topics together and all non paid members can do what they want.

A

andyz

or i could not pay the membership fee, and still look at all sections of the forum,with the only disadvantage being that i cant post if I have the answer to someones problem. Can we not get into the whole paid/unpaid membership thing tho cause its a bit old hat now?apologises for any offence caused, just an opinion.

A

andyz

if i was keeping my R then i would do because i think there are some excellent people on this forum. :D as it is Im that skint that im eating beans on toast all week, smoking lambert and butler, and making my pint last over 3 hours when i go to the pub, so shelling out 20squid is the last thing i need to do! nothin personal as i said and i really dont want to get dragged into this paid membership argument cause its been goin on to long.And please dont start using the old "well if you can afford to run an R..." argument against me as well!I love my R, but the amount of sacrifices ive had to make to own/run and keep it perfect are getting to me and its got to go!I always wanted one, Ive had one, and now its time to get something I can afford!gutted.. :cry:

Jobi Joba

SickBoy said:
Why dont you just pay !!! :?

Lee
cause I just don't live in UK and I'm not interested in anything else than posting on the board!!

I asked for cheaper membership fee for foreign members but no one seems to care...

But in this thread,I just ask to be able to answer to my own post,nothing else.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
andyz said:
as it is Im that skint that im........ smoking lambert and butler, and making my pint last over 3 hours when i go to the pub, so shelling out 20squid is the last thing i need
So you can afford nearly £5 a packet for fags and say £2.50 for a pint, but not £20 for membership? 40fags and 4 pints would have paid for your membership :p :wink:

Jobi, most of the member benefits are discounts from companies. I'm sure there must be at least one company that you can benefit from and cover the cost of the 30euros for membership. And we do care about overseas members, but how can we say to you yes have a discount and then say no to everyone else who'll turn around and say I only want to post like Jobi and the other oveseas members :(

Keira

Fast Guy said:
but how can we say to you yes have a discount and then say no to everyone else who'll turn around and say I only want to post like Jobi and the other oveseas members :(
wouldn't be that hard would it.

one fee for full forum access nothing else.

one fee for full forum access with full member benefits including details of companies offering discounts, parking at shows etc.etc

easy.

Jobi Joba

Fast Guy: agree with Kieron...but will check out the discounts u offer and think about it. Oh,and I didn't ask to be able to post everywhere for free...just to be able to answer the topics that I have created...

Hannie

if we allow everyone to post every subject in here then what is the point in having different sections.

we do care about non uk members, but we cannot find a way to agree on a discount for you guys. it is open for others to abuse it and say they don't live in the uk etc. this is all written in the membership section.

we haven't got the resourses to offer two different subscription packages at the moment, in time this may be possible.

if you can't get to meets etc i still believe the forum and its resourses/benefits is worth every penny. we have kept sections open for non paying members to view so if you do make a post and it does get moved you can still view the responses you get, unfortunatley unless you register you will have to communicate via pm after that.it may not always be practical but its all we have to offer at this time.