Motec Mapping and upgrades. Who?

scottyd

Does anyone know of a good place that will do motec mapping and upgrades for my R? I just want to put the car in, tell them what to do, and pick it up done.

Edit, basically need them to be able to fit a GT3540R turbo, 272 cams, distributorless ignition, exhaust, any other relevent parts and map it to make car run perfect, and do a good job.

Thanks in advance,
Scott.

Last edited:

EVOBAD

u better get you wallet out mate thats going to cost aleast 5k to do that work ,wher u based if its at lapland then ask santa

scottyd

I know it's going to cost a bit thats why I want a good reliable place that can do the work. I live just outside of newcastle.

edit. traveling is not a problem, but the closer the better haha. I asked santa last year and he told me to get a ****ing reindeer, but they are as rare as rocking horse shit. Santa reckons he can do the 1/4 in 9secs with 8 reindeer, I wonder how many horses it will take me.

Last edited:

davey red.r

where abouts do you live? im from newcastle.
steve ferguson could fit all the above,then you would have to trailer it to be remapped,
try the racing line halifax, for the remapp.

davey;-)

Last edited:

scottyd

Yeah I usually use steve for everything, he is spot on, it's just the idea of trailoring the car after the stuff is fitted that I don't like. I just want to drop the car off, but its still a good suggestion because I know steve will not rip me off.

I live in South Shields.

Cheers.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You'll need to add a few things to that list.. To run that turbo alone you'll need at least

Custom Manifold
Oil and Water Lines
External Wastegate
Dump/Screamer Pipe

AEM Fuel Pump
AEM Fuel Reg
AEM Fuel Filter
Swirl Pot

Custom Exhaust

Boost Control

Larger Rad
Large FMIC

Quaife/PPG Box

etc...

I would say go to RC now that they are back on track regarding having the correct personell on board. They are doing similar jobs for 2 cars in there just now..

davey red.r

scottyd said:
Yeah I usually use steve for everything, he is spot on, it's just the idea of trailoring the car after the stuff is fitted that I don't like. I just want to drop the car off, but its still a good suggestion because I know steve will not rip me off.

I live in South Shields.

Cheers.
steve is pricey,
but his knowledge of the gtir is second to none,
settle for a 3071 with the z32 maf and 700/800 injectors,
you could get him to stick the tubby on and get the maf and injectors put on down there however you would have too drive to halifax off boost:cry:
think of the fuel you would save:-D :lol:
im off down there this month for remapp:-D

davey;-)

antgtir

According to the MLR thread all customers cars are safe, they cannot be sold as the property of RC, hope you sort this complication out Rishi.

Plus it looks like Clive and Max will carry on trading through Car Planet so your car should still get sorted :thumbsup:

Ant.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
scottyd said:
I know it's going to cost a bit thats why I want a good reliable place that can do the work.

an understatement and the impossible in one statement :lol: :lol:

scottyd said:
to make car run perfect
just buy a beamer, these 20 year old shitters will never do that reliably.

scottyd

Nah, I like my pulsar too much to get any other car, so I want to make the most out of it.

It just seems like it's a bad time to be getting any proffessional help at the moment with all of the tuning places going tits up.

edit. A Beemer? How old do you think I am? Anyways I thought you needed a pension and a lead hat to be able to buy a beemer.

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I'm only suggesting it because like a few others that are still about on here, I have taken and come to the end of the very long expensive (30k odd) journey your about to undertake. Some of us eventually achieve there goals but by the time your (or whoever you take it too) has finished your taste in cars has changed and your naturally ready to move on to something else.

Speaking from experience, and this has been said by a few others with 400 break cars as well, the pulsar if used for the road is best left as standard as possible with a maximum power output at around 340 - 50 break

scottyd

My car is around the 400bhp mark now, and I do agree it is an off road affair, but I still want to take it that little bit further. All I need is the engine upgraded just that little bit more, Brakes, and a proper rollcage and I think thats where I will stop.

But for the time being I want to get the engine done and sorted to the spec I want before carrying out the rest, because if I cannot get the engine how I want, I'm not going to bother with the rest if you know what I mean.