Missing when hitting boost

favrie

help my r is missing when hitting boost if i lift off and then put my foot back down it does sometimes clear

olliecast

first step is fault code check and check for air leaks mate.

I`m afraid there`s no straight off magic answer on the good old r, even if the text is in bold :thumbsup:.

cheers,
ollie

gtirx2

First thing i would try is a new coil lead,had the same sort of problem and would miss coming on boost.Then slowly got worse until it stopped altogether.

favrie

well i was going to buy some new leads and plugs as that seems to be the cheapest start and hopefully end of the problem

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
no mate as im no mechanic i dint want to start poking around but i think i could manage that
Ok, well if that’s the case, check that out 1st and make sure they're ok, before buying anything.
Once you have cleaned the contact points (normally with wire wool or a flat-headed screwdriver) go for a drive and see if that’s cured it.

If not, then start looking at the other options...

olliecast

thinking back, my r was doing this a little after i got it.
Changed the ht leads (had fancy ones on before) for standard nissan items, dizzy and rotor arm and all was sorted.

cheers,
ollie

B16BUG

my r is doing the same changed everything mentioned above apart from fuel pump,so that will be next

essex_pulsar

first step is fault code check and check for air leaks mate.

I`m afraid there`s no straight off magic answer on the good old r, even if the text is in bold :thumbsup:.

cheers,
ollie

oh no ollie there is a magic answer his name is pulsarbob lol my car was doin the exact same thing couple of hours with bob an it was like a different car