miss fire

nathan

miss fire SORTED

right i have a miss fire its not ticking over properly and runs up to about 3500 rpm then starts i have replaced the boost hoses and it is running sandard boost all so boost gauge only shows 0.3 bar any ideas chaps

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No fault codes?

If you're confident the boost hoses are all good, I'd check the MAF.

snoon

I would have said MAF but then you'd expect the error code to come up - It always did on mine when I had MAF issues.

Battery strong? Mine doesn't run right if the battery is slightly dead.

nathan

Battery is strong alltho the conections aren't great the maf is very oily inside

ive cleaned the maf and it seems a little better id say the miss fire is at 4000 rpm runs fine up to there

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
How did you clean the MAF; get some acetone or iso-propanol on the hot wire?

Could be further up; how's the PCV? One of the reasons that gets removed is that it's a whole load of pipes exposed to crank case fumes which can corrode and leak.

nathan

right sorted it now the new leads are copys so put old ones back on and hey presto sorted cheers chaps

olliecast

Was going to say leads.
Mine had some silly blue uprated ones on. Started missfiring, put some standard ones on and hey presto.

Glad you sorted now

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's funny how often "uprated" leads cause this problem... in fact there are a few "uprated" pieces that these engines don't like.