miss fire problem

john4688

The problem started i blew my engine so i got a forged engine and gt30 swapt it over and thought it would be just a simple case of being mapped.
I took it too a local tunner. Then they told me after two weeks of playing with it that emanage blue would not surport 700cc injectors.
So after speaking to pulsarboby which i got the engine and turbo of off i decided that apexi power fc was the route to go.
so i went about and bought one power engineering model not sure what this means? and i thought after this would be problem solved (how wrong i was lol).
i get a phone call a few weeks later saying they cant map it because its got a miss fire i need to sort this before they can go any further with it!
Im not a mechanic and i dont pretend to know much about cars so i took it too another company they found a problem which was the injector o-rings were split so it was drawing in air so new o-rings solved that!
But ever since the apexi was fitted its developed a miss fire its at about 2000rpm it miss fires for a bit and then revs throw it.
If the car is started from cold then let warm up its there but turn it off let it cool down a bit and it gose also taking of my stainless plug cover makes it better.
its had a new dizzy cap and arm and thats made it slightly higher in revs about 2500rpm!

any help would be very helpful between the companys they have had it about 7 weeks! and its becoming very anoying!

thanks john

P

pulsarboby

cant believe this is still going on john:shock:
as above could possibly be a faulty lead or the dizzy cap is tracking (arcing)
get them to put a kv meter on and check kv's
could also be a dodgy plug due to the amount of times the engine has been run rich, maybe worth changing the plugs aswell.

forget the cap as i just read youve replaced it

Last edited by a moderator:

john4688

Yeah mate still going becoming a serious headace! It's had new oem leads this week! Is it worth changing the coil?

P

pulsarboby

what is the matter with garages down your neck of woods, surely they can diagnose a simple misfire:doh:

who mapped the pfc?

john4688

It's ap place called read performance now! There bettter than the 1st garage! Problem is there's no decent tunners down this way! And my mines not endless unfortunatly

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Borrow someone's CAS (the whole dizzy unit) and try that. The Apexi seems to be over sensitive to the CAS on our cars. Check the ECU earths on top of the inlet mainfold as that can cause strange problems. The stndard ECU is less sensitive to noise than the PFC.

What Bob suggested on the plugs is also correct. When trouble shooting the PFC your plugs get sooted up with makes the problem worse, so your plugs get sooted up..... and so on. Gets some grade 5 cheapo plugs that work from cold and try again.