MIKALOR HOSE CLAMPS

Dooie Pop Pop

Am fed up with jubilee clips that open out after you tighten em up a few times and worse chew the hose up with the little grooves :x (is this too tight for a boost hose?)

went to a local pipe fitters/supplies and got some mikalor hose clamps. dont doubt you' ve all seen and use em already :roll: six 79-85mm clamps in stainless with a nickle coated bolt £12+vat :D about £14. they only had five left of that type in stock so i had to make do with the next type which is all stainless inc bolt and a little bit dearer (his words, they charged me the same :D )

my point? well i had a certain catalogue come through my door the other day (lid and boots on front sounds like seman squeeks) page 254

price each £3:29 before vat :shock: and the all stainless( which i assume is the 'marine' grade described)@ £8:93 +vat :shock:
they' re rated at 28bar

they do all sorts of interesting stuff including silicon hoses showd me some for water but not sure about boost applications though

company' s called www.leighbaxter.co.uk
no pics, cameras down. xp strikes again :(

oh yeah and semans now charging £21.21+vat for a denso iridium plug (not inc shipping too) did inflation shift whilst i slept? or a world iridium shortage maybe :roll:

Tony

Dont bother m8 i had these on all of my pipes and ended up taking them off because you have to tighten them up much tighter for them to seal properly!!!!! still got 1 on my water pipe and it leaks all the time!!!!

I only paid about 3quid for the largest 1 to go round the plenum pipe!!!!

Tony....

JU5TY

Ive got the SupraPro ones. :D

79-85mm... What bore is your pipe run?

Mine is 2.5" bore with the samco on top. The size I bought was wrong...

J

Jonno

I have to say that I think that the Mikalor ones are the daddy, got 'em on my boost hoses and they are proper 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

JU5TY said:
Ive got the SupraPro ones. :D

79-85mm... What bore is your pipe run?

Mine is 2.5" bore with the samco on top. The size I bought was wrong...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
numpty numpty numpty shitarsebugger! feck it i wanted to go back anyway :roll:

Dooie Pop Pop

ventured out and got a bit of hardpipe :shock: no its not :evil: :x if i tighten em right up i could see a slight gap just off to one side of the clasp,
i thought the 73-79 would be too small cos my samaco' s have got a wall thickness of at least 6 maybe 7 mm. teach me shop on a whim and not wait till i had the pipe :oops: :x

Dooie Pop Pop

just found that the marine one' s a 74-79 its still a bit big reckon the 68-73 is the one to go for mate. aint got a tape measure but im 99% sure my pipeworks 2.5" too