Midland Turbo

PulsarLee

Hi guys, just found the above company, gave them a call and enquired about standard tubby's for an R. They advised that they rebuild units for £225 and this includes an uprated 360 degree thrust bearing from the standard 270 degree? does this sound any good? apparently 12 month guarantee.

could anyone explain a bit about this 270 / 360 degree please

my R boosts fine but just has occasional smoke on overrun if on high boost.cant be a bad price at this can it??

cheers

Matt Evans

Just do a google search on the bearings dude. The 360 one goes all the way around the shaft, making it a stronger bearing than the 270 one, which does not go all the way around.

270 on the left, 360 on the right. :)

projectgtir

I woudnt get mine referbed by anyone mate ,
theres alot of people on here who've done this and its failed again not far down the line .

Im in the same boat ,mine also puffs on the overun on high boost ,im just gona wait till it gets worse then buy a brand new one or upgrade .

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is it definitely the turbo when you're on high boost? It's not crank case vapour getting pushed into the inlet pipework... or the PVC sucking it in when you're on vacuum on the over-run?

Animaldaz

That's a very good price. The chances are that once they strip it down they will tell you it needs new parts, ie turbine housing or a compressor wheel for example so that will be extra.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That's a very good price. The chances are that once they strip it down they will tell you it needs new parts, ie turbine housing or a compressor wheel for example so that will be extra.
"Yeah, the bearings are shot mate. You're gonna need a new core; we can rebuild it with ball bearings if you'd like, rather than a journal bearing. They are good quality Cosworth ones; £250 each." - Something like that?