Metal cover under wiper cover

Bart GTI-R

As title says really, Iv done a search but cant find anything regarding this cover, Iv fitted some bonnet spacers and found the metal cover under the plastic covering the hole to the fan had completely rusted, Im not fitting it back and just wondered what other people who have removed this do,

I was thinking of getting some plastic sheeting and using sealant in its place but any Ideas other R owners have done would be appreciated

here's a pic

Thanks in advance for replies / ideas

Keira

up until last week i had one you could've had that wasn't rusty...

its up the tip now though :doh:

dobby

everyone has one. it stops water entering the car. you will now have water in the passenger foot well. oops.....

O

Odin

I just stripped and re painted mine a few weeks ago, Lucky enough it wasn't as rusty as yours, But I doubt it would be much effort for a fabricator to knock up a few in stainless, You could get a few made up and sell them to the membership.

Rob

Bart GTI-R

dobby said:
everyone has one. it stops water entering the car. you will now have water in the passenger foot well. oops.....
Its not going on the road without something there, I just wanted to know what other people have done. il take the rusty bit to a fabricator and see what they can do :)

dombat

How did you get the plastic cover off (the bit that you see at the bottom of the windscreen that the window wipers go through) ?

I tried pulling mine, but it was beginning to bend and i thought it was going to snap :-(

Bart GTI-R

There are some clips at the front which are easy to get out, then I sprayed some WD40 on the ones towards the windscreen, because there little plastic clips, I got a little pick and a flat blade to get them out but a couple broke, its bending because those plastic clips are still in. Hope that helps