Memory Wire

Bart GTI-R

Hi there,

Iv put a kenwood in my R, it was a right game, but it doesnt seem to keep its memory what do I have to do to put a new memory wire in or what is the original colour of the standard memory wire. (Jap Import).

Also the Sound system on the back shelf with the rotating speakers has way to much base, any ideas.

Cheers.

paz

There is definately a memory wire, but I'm afraid I don't know what colour it is.

Regarding the speakers - turn down the bass :lol:

Paz

JIMMYBACK

dont tell me u cut off the connector did u? :shock:
if u didnt u just need to change the permanent live wiv the semi permanent live why keywood do this is beyond me :shock: :roll: :wink:

D

DOT2DOT

Swap the red and yellow wires at the connectors that should be in the middle of the wires.

Bart GTI-R

I didnt chop it off, someone has already been there and butchered the lot, I will try and swop them round and see how it works.

Cheers

Regards Gregg

J

John Mc

If you had the permanent live connected to where the switched live should be then the head unit wouldn't turn off when you turn the ignition off. :wink:

John Mc said:
If you had the permanent live connected to where the switched live should be then the head unit wouldn't turn off when you turn the ignition off. :wink:
Yeah it would, because most headunits need 2 live inputs for them to work :idea: and won't run off just 1.

A

andyz

they can run off 1 input. Just swap the yellow and red round. They should be on bullet connectors. Failin that run a wire from your battery thru the bulkhead with an inline fuse to give a permanent live.

Bart GTI-R

Just for future info, I swapped the yellow to permanent of the Kenwood, and red to ignition live which i think was the blue, works sound now, cheers guys.