mapping

nismo-400R

just fitted my clutch and done the bedding in so i thought id get the car mapped now to 1.2 bar,im still runnin stock maf and injectors,sent ian at hiteq a email and he said the safc-2 is not good enough for wot im planning,he hes you need a e-manage,is this correct?

GTiR_Mic

I am running 1.2bar with 660cc Inujectors, GT3071R turbo and all being controler by the Apexi SAFC-1.

It does work....AWD used it and so does/did Jason Gant.

Mic

Fusion Ed

Trouble with SAFC is its a two dimensional map, and you cannot alter ignition. Which means yes it probably will work but its a huge compromise.

GTiR_Mic

Well it worked for AWD and they have one of the best times for a GTi-R and also ran the most powerfuly GTi-R on standard internals.

Mic

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
nismo-400R said:
wonder why he said that then,i only want 1.2bar for the moment until i get some injectors and the z32
Because it will only just do and i think Ian is building in a bit of safety and reliability.

By all means go with the safc but,you car will not be as smooth or produce as much power as it would with a stand alone ecu.The safc has far fewer mapping points within the rev range compared to most of the stand alone ecu's and it really makes a difference to the smoothness and power/torque production.

If you go with the safc,you are only delaying the inevitable purchase of a decent ecu and then you'll be stuck with an outmodded/outdated safc that will eventually end up on flea bay for pennies.

You pays your money and takes your choice but i'd go with the ecu as it'll save you money in the end.

Then again,WTF do i know :yawn: