mapping query's

zia

air temp compensation
any one have air temp compensation on boost map? fuel/ign map any negative/positive effect's?
air fuel ratio on cold warm up, what lambda ratio do people see when cold running acceleration?
what timing fiqure have you used for cold and full boost?

zia

zia

has anybody got fuel and ign map in numerical and graph format they wish to share?!!!

zia

zia

no not really just looking for info. if you can post whatever you,ve got :wink:

zia

zia

good thread but would prefer more direct gtir info, any power fc peep's like post thier maps?

zia

A

AJ4

here you go, very basic pulsar map.

x axis = rpm, y axis = load
ignition values are degrees in advance
fuel values are target lambda values

hope it helps,

Ross.

zia

thanks ross. a few question's
1...what do you use for load axis?maf voltage? what increment is it in?
2...so you've set target lambda value's and the ecu change's the fuel point to set that lambda ratio? like quick lambda i suppose.
3..your map look fairly lean espcially at high load's?
4..do you have adjustment for cold start enrichment?
5..do you have to set max amd min inj pulse width?
6..can you set different inj duty cycle for different section's of the map?
7...what egt reading do you get?
8..does the fc show inj pulse width on the fuel map?

thanks zia

O

Odin

Do you want a copy of mine fella :?: , I can get rishi around to pull a copy out of my motor :wink: .

rob

zia

rob that would great! :lol: does rishi have laptop with a floppy drive, mine doesn,t.
well having had it setup by tuner, i was apalled by the mpg.having bought wideband i found the a/f from cold to be 10.0 dropping to 9.8 between 2000-2500 how the tuner missed and did nothing begger's belief!!.so have decided to learn myself. the motec is all dos based and the software is quite archiac . have started to change and adjust the cold start acceleration and engine temp to see what a/f i get and with little playing have incrased a/f ratio 12.0. the first noticable benefit was the turbo spooled sooner and had positive pressure by 2500 even with large .87 exhaust housing :lol: . at the moment still got alot to learn, but since you don,t get logging as standard on the motec, have decide to upgrade to pro!.also the possibilty of going to map sensor is one option but would like to stick with z32 for the moment.

zia

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
zia said:
rob that would great! :lol: does rishi have laptop with a floppy drive, mine doesn,t.
well having had it setup by tuner, i was apalled by the mpg.having bought wideband i found the a/f from cold to be 10.0 dropping to 9.8 between 2000-2500 how the tuner missed and did nothing begger's belief!!.so have decided to learn myself. the motec is all dos based and the software is quite archiac . have started to change and adjust the cold start acceleration and engine temp to see what a/f i get and with little playing have incrased a/f ratio 12.0. the first noticable benefit was the turbo spooled sooner and had positive pressure by 2500 even with large .87 exhaust housing :lol: . at the still got alot to learn put since you don,t get logging as standard have decide to upgrade to pro!.also the possibilty of going to map sensor is one option but would like to stick with z32 fir the moment.

zia

The ThinkPad doesn't but the Toshiba does... But what you need a floppy disk for..?

Rishi

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
zia said:
But what you need a floppy disk for..?
want a copy of mine fella , I can get rishi around to pull a copy out of my motor
:lol: you can only save map's to floppy.

zia

Or i could just email it to you....

Maps are only about 20k... Tiny tiny...

Or even copy it to a USB stick for you... either or... :wink:

Rishi

zia

in the motec menu screen it come's up with save map's to floppy only. i assumed it could only be copied to floppy then downloaded to desktop and then sent to onwards?

zia

I

Innovate Performance

Hi Zia,

With the air and coolant corection maps you should not have to touch them as the are normaly very good from factory on most ecu's. If you are having problem with the idle or it is hard to start or genral running problem them look at the fuel scale for the injection system as if you have larger injectors it will be alot better to scale the map down to suit the injectors rather than to remap the fuel and ignition. This will also keep all the correction maps and throttle pump maps etc... all in good order.

Have found that the power fc maps are not to good for fueling referance but the ingnition ones are fine to use as a guild.

I

Innovate Performance

zia said:
in the motec menu screen it come's up with save map's to floppy only. i assumed it could only be copied to floppy then downloaded to desktop and then sent to onwards?

zia
Mate. you save the map to the hard drive then load it or save it to what ever format you wish. You should have a directory for the maps that was created when you loaded the software.

zia

had look at hard drive see where in the directory the motec save's them to.have founn them but carn,t open them as different file system, used window to locate proper software to view but come's up unkown file :cry:
motec does not come with base maps.
zia