Mapping in or around London??

Celica2pulsar

Hi,well basically i bought my 1st ever turbo car which is none other then the R, it's got fmic(ams or something like that),mongoose full system and a cheap intake(should be changing it soon).
Now I was going to get a fuel pump(walbro 255lph), and then hopefully get it mapped but I don't know who to go to!!!!
Any ideas? In or around London would be great.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Have you got a standard ECU, if so it will need to be modified before you can map it.

Trip

Depending what you are after from the car.

If you want to keep standard Injectors, standard MAF and standard turbo, your easiest route will be a getting a chipped ECU like Blitz, Mines Field etc.. These are ready "mapped" ecu's. Just swap the ECU, up the boost to 1bar and you are done. Although a dyno session is always advisable to check air fuel ratios are healthy.

If you plan to go for more power, and injectors and MAF need upsizing, you have to go for a more sutable ECU like already said the Nistune ECU.

Celica2pulsar

Alright, I ain't looking on to go mad on da car,not going to change all those things so I think I should go for one of those ready made ecu's....
But which one to go for?? And what sort of money am I looking at??

M

markwashington

Go to see Fusion Ed at fusion motorsport. He'll hook up the nistune board, map it and make sure the car is running spot on all for £400. You'll notice a serious difference and the nistune is remappable so should you decide to go for much more power later on it'll still be able to sort that as well.

Celica2pulsar

Ye I've spoken to him, gave me a good price too!! But how much would a blitz or mines ecu cost? I'v tried looking for them but can't seem to find any!

skiddusmarkus

The pre-mapped ecu's are meant to have pretty aggressive timing and for 100ron fuel, I'd stick with a Nistune as thats specificly for your car.

Celica2pulsar

Ye I read about then needing 100ron.just need to get my fuel pump fitted and then drive up to ed! How long does he take to do all this??