Manley or Eagle............

O

Odin

paulb81 said:
....rods......... which do you think is the better of the two ?

What power are you after ?, Because the standard rod will be fine for 450bhp with ARP rod bolts.

I wouldn't use the eagle rods myself, I'm using Par forged rods in my rebuilt motor, If you really want rods buy some that are made for the gtir engine and just not any generic SR20 motor ;-) .

Rob

PaulB

Im just gonna go for the eagle rods, i dont wanna put it back together with old std rods, i just know what my luck would be like.

the machine shop is going to machine the bearing tang for me to fit the 19mm bearings no problem.

O

Odin

paulb81 said:
Im just gonna go for the eagle rods, i don't wanna put it back together with old std rods, i just know what my luck would be like.

the machine shop is going to machine the bearing tang for me to fit the 19mm bearings no problem.

I've never seen a standard rod break myself, I had one go in my last pulsar but that was the standard Nissan bolts that where the problem, I'd just get the standard ones shop peened and use them with the ARP bolts, Job done ;-) .

Rob

nitrosgti-r

iv put my R in a ditch and bent one to buggery!! Just trying to get it all rebuilt at the mo. getting new big end bearing and mains and getting the crank checked over.

ashills

its the rpm and level of det that kills the rods bhp dont really have much to do with it ie use a stroker rev lower but make big power and rods shouldnt see a problem i personally wouldnt want to run an eagle to near 900-1000bhp as it would be a 2 litre engine for that normally and revs would be massive

ashills

kieron didnt any one tell the buggers that made your rods, that they are meant to be H shape they cocked up yours and ended up like an X lol

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
PaulB said:
Im just gonna go for the eagle rods
16:38hrs You ask which rods are better

Just 15 mins later you've already decided on Eagle rods

What was the point in asking the question in the 1st place when you've already made up your mind :doh:

O

Odin

PaulB said:
Im like that :oops:

Just wanted an opinion :roll:

Well if you wanted an opinion why the f*ck didn't you wait for one then :doh: :roll: .

Rob ;-)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Hahaha!! Getting a beating from the usual cronies! :brick:

You have to be a little thick skinned around here mate. And just take the beating when you've been a little silly! :lol:

Rishi

Last edited:

Rishi

diesel weasel said:
but mine are better :lol:

Not as good as my Crower Billet Rods! :smokin:

I'm sure you'll find a reason why yours are though.. :lol:

Rishi

O

Odin

Mine are better than both of yours so their ;-) , Mine are rated to a 1000 bhp so eat my shorts :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Rishi

Odin said:
Mine are better than both of yours so their ;-) , Mine are rated to a 1000 bhp so eat my shorts :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

What!! Those Below PAR rods that don't even fit correctly! :lol:

The Crowers at the daddies!!

Having said that i know the Pankl Rods are awesome if thats what you are running K??

Rishi