main dealership servicing

pete-r

just been quoted £159 for a main dealer service(grade 2!?).im not the mechanical sort, so is this a pretty fair price?has anyone had a bad experience with main nissan garages?

T

Tart

Sounds quite good, suppose it depends on wot that service covers. I mostly do my own services, have taken to powerstation before and paid £350!!!!! When ever im at Nissan gettin parts all their guys look at my R like "wot is that???" its funny but that puts me off taking it there for a service!!!!!

pete-r

im taking it to the one in colchester .i already phoned up and they have reassured me that they have had a few pulsars in before,they put one of the mechanics on the phone and he started talking boost controllers and stuff so they seem to know what there on about.even the receptionist knew what a pulsar was :shock: ill let everyone know how it gets on.

A

AZ STE

Not bad but make sure that they put the correct sparkplugs in think NGK PFR7B from memory or easier buy them yourself and hand them to them asking for the old ones back.
Get them to change oil and filter ,gearbox oil ,fuel filter and panel filter if you havent an after market filter.
As long as you tell them exactly what you require you should be ok.

J

jaygtir

if anybody is in the north london area you could take it to ironside nissan in winchmore hill on green lanes.
the guy that works in the service dept owns an 'R' and is really helpful

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Find out what they're planning to do and which oil they're going to use as it cost me £200+ (I think) for all the parts to do it myself.

A

ard1ey

If the dealer knows their stuff you should be ok, they should have the manuals and the 'R isn't that complicated from a service point of view. In saying that I had big arguments after they managed to overfill and underfill the oil level on two consecutive services - how hard can it be to read a dipstick!? Price sounds like what I used to pay.

MarkTurbo

If they've worked on them before then you should be ok :wink: But theres probably some dealers around that have never worked on an R before :roll: Like my local Nissan garage, they wouldnt even plug it in to the diagnostics when it was playing up :evil: Useless to55ers :x

skiddusmarkus

If you don't want them to drive your car,point this out in advance too to save grief later.Make a not of the mileage too.I was reading on another forum a guy had Defi guages on his scooby,mechanics took it out for an unauthorised thrash and when he checked peak readings later,peak boost was 1.4bar and peak oil temp only about 50 degrees :shock: .

pete-r

just got the car back from colchester nissan,i had a level 2 service with diff and gearbox oils doing ,a downpipe fitting(which i supplied) and a knock sensor fitting(also supplied by me) .total cost=£229,not bad i thought.the only thing they messed up was the remote door locking ,no big deal ill just need to read the instructions and reset it.cars running like a dream now! :D :D

K

kengtir

hi pete-r i live in witham, i was wondering wether i should take my R to a main dealer thanks for the post m8 cheers,,,

pete-r

yeah id recommend colchester nissan.just make sure you brief them up on how your immob/alarm works :!:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

oil £30
filter£5-10
plugs £40
fuel filter £10
air filter(if on standard airbox)£10

thats £100 and takes about an hour or 2 if on top mount, and thats with castrol 10w 60. not the crap that nissan put in :wink: