Lumpy Idle and steady Rev

bevis

Cruising along yesterday, everything was going fine until i noticed the engine started to feel like the engine was under extra load and the oil temp was a bit high. now it struggles to start (have to play with the throttle) and when it does, it idles pretty lumpy and stalls at times, going up through the revs sound fine but if i hold it steady it sounds lumpy (like it does at idle). i did a compression test (turned out good) changed injectors (made no difference)...
Could this be a vacuum problem? or am i looking at a different problem?

bevis

now it jus wont start..did a code check and got 55...seems to jam while starting if too much fuel enters cylinder...if i remove the plugs it turns over freely, when i put them back in and remove fuel pump relay it turns over freely...when i put it back in it turns over a bit then jams

Fusion Ed

well your basically saying an injector is stuck open. so ecu is most likely thing, having said that, never seen it before. Unplug the resistor pack by the left side front strut and see what happens.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
now it jus wont start..did a code check and got 55...seems to jam while starting if too much fuel enters cylinder...if i remove the plugs it turns over freely, when i put them back in and remove fuel pump relay it turns over freely...when i put it back in it turns over a bit then jams

Be careful, if that's the engine hydraulicing you could suffer major engine damage trying to start it.

johnny gtir

is it not just flooding itself ? due to not starting new plugs and as danny said and i thought maf. reason i say is a seen someone plumb in catch can wrong and it was putting oil vapour back onto maf car kept stalling then would not start was just flooding

bevis

Soooo...changed the distributor, made no difference...changed the ecu, made no difference...
So far, I've changed complete fuel rail with injectors and regulator, distributor, coil, igniter and it still has the same behavior... Could the det sensor be at fault?

bevis

i changed plugs and manage to get it started..still has the lumpy + crappy idle and rev going on... looking at both standard an aftermarket boost gauges, i noticed that the vacuum pressure is higher than where it should be (around -10 to -5 psi).
took it for a short 100ft drive and had almost no brakes..puts me to think i have a vacuum leak somewhere so i checked for leaks by hand and found none..
gonna get a carb cleaner and spray hoses to see if i get anything...

any other ideas what my prob mite?