Lowering Spring Options

GTI-R Nath

i have been looking for a set of lowering springs and it is proving pretty difficult to find a set, i had a look though previous posts on this topic and tried contacting Whiteline who said the don't make GTi-R springs any more, and also tried RSR and they never got back to me. the only kit i can find is the Spax kit witch i don't wont since it drops the front 70mm and rear 40mm

so if anyone else has any suggestion about places to try for springs that would help allot

thanks

johnsy

not be easier just getting yourself a second hand pair of coilovers, from anywhere between £200 -£500

M

markwashington

Give Bob a ring, he might have some in stock, if not APEX make some which are about £100 I think. Keep your eyes peeled and you might get a good deal on some second hand ones on the forum.

GTI-R Nath

Give Bob a ring, he might have some in stock, if not APEX make some which are about £100 I think. Keep your eyes peeled and you might get a good deal on some second hand ones on the forum.
APEX only make springs for the Sunny GTI and lower sides engine sunny's all the kits have (excl GTI-R) which means excluding GTI-R

M

markwashington

In that case it's second hand I guess. I still reccomend giving Bob a ring, he might have something coming in.

smiddy

i've looked into this before also Nath. would also like new unused springs but Spax 70mm front drop no good :(

GTI-R Nath

i've looked into this before also Nath. would also like new unused springs but Spax 70mm front drop no good :(
yeah i think 70mm front and 40mm back would look pretty stupid, plus looking at standard ride hight i would say its the rear that would need to be dropped slightly lower than the front, plus im pretty sure i wouldn't be able to turn my front wheels if i dropped it 70mm lol

GTI-R Nath

Are those lowering springs designed for the original 14" wheels?
not sure i looked at the spax part numbers and the sunny 1.4 1.6 2.0D kit that drops the car 40mm had the same part number as the GTi-R kit so im guessing the 70mm front drop is due to the extra wight at the front

steve963

the spax 70mm drop at the front is if you fit cusco or tein top mounts to the std shocks, like i have

looks even front to back then