lowered race seat.

Trip

I need to have not less then 5cm vertical height between my head with helmet on and the roll cage. I am about to order a seat with the lowest seating position, yet retaining some material for comfort.

I am afraid that not even with the lowest seat, i will still reach the 5cm mark. I cannot spare having any kind of seat rails as these will only increase height. BTW i am over 6 ft.

Is it possible to "hack" into the Bulge on the left driver side floor pan. and by how much ?
Anyone with pic of "already hacked" floors?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

ive got fia cobras in mine on rails and am 6' 2'' when they measure space just push yourself down in seat more to give more clearance with helmet to cage and you will be fine.
cant see the point in hacking the floor up, this may also pose a problem with scruteneering!

by the way,can hardly make out writing on thread!

Trip

Pushing myself down would be cheating :p and its all for my safety.

hacking the floorpan keeping everything safe that is .. Lower driving position will give a better position for heal tow breaking too..

A

AJ4

I think your on a loser dude, that bit looks pretty structural ( and the seat runner is bolted to it so it must be ). I had exactly the same problem due to the fact that the standard seat sits with its **** on the floor but the so-called 'bucket' seat is fookin flat bottomed ! :lol: I just made my own bracket in the end and bolted the seat to the floor in the right position, no runners. The front of the seat still rests on that cross bar.

P

pulsarboby

there is quite a lot of headroom though and the cage is offset towards door so clearance shouldnt be a problem unless you have a dome shaped helmet lol

Trip

damm bulge :( .. The guy who designed that thing must have been pretty short :der:

I will order the seat and see how i will fit it as lowest as possible.

Thanks All
:lol:

A

AJ4

just try and get scrutineered in the evening, apparently you go to bed 1/2 inch shorter than what you are when you wake up:shock:

Trip

Thats what I heard too.. the spine cord will compress more , or something on those lines :)