low oil pressure

goshko

Hi guys, I know this has been discussed quite a lot but I have been having the issue for the past 2-3 days now ... engine warm at idle pressure SOMETIMES drops below 2. My oil has 1000 kms on it and is fully synthetic 10w40 oil. I put the sometimes in caps because I am thinking maybe the sensor is acting up ? If I had a dent in the pan, wouldn't I always be getting bad pressure ? This also applies when I accelerate ... sometimes it goes a bit over 2 and sometimes it goes up to 4. Also, the pump is brand new and has had about 10 000 kms on it.

P

pulsarboby

its more than likely the sensor at fault
dont worry too much about it being low on hot idle as it means booger all unless theres an audible heavy knock when feathering throttle between 2-3k rpm.
however the pressure should rise to around 4bar when under load if it does not move up then you may have a bit of a problem assuming the sensor is functioning correctly

goshko

Sometimes I see the pressure rise when accelerating and sometimes I don't ... Its an intermitent thing that's why I find it weird !

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's almost like the viscosity drops as the oil gets warmer (and thus less pressure needed to move it around). :lol:

goshko

Well that's what happens and its normal ... But my gauge sometimes reads 1 and a few moments later would read 2.

P

pulsarboby

change the sensor you wont learn anything untill youve done that