lost certain dash lights

gtirx2

Ok I am not one to normaly ask for help but as the car has driven me to start punching stuff again just like the old days when I worked on it I though I would pop up a post to save my knuckles*Laughing

I am going to have another go at it in a bit but basicly I have lost...

Center small gauges and all the warning lights on main dash and possibly indicators and rev counter aswell.
The hazards and dash lumination all still work and so does the fuel level.

It could just be an earth and will go over them again but so far no joy.

The strange thing is they have burst into life a couple of time when fiddling with that greeny blue link wire that plugs into the batterypositive?

I think this is just a coincidence though as I don't think its linked,if I unplug this wire it stops the heater fans working so sort of tells me its ok.

I don't know I am rambling and fucking myself off just thinking about it*Laughing

It was all working fine and all I have played with is fuel pumps and fuel level sender and they seem fine?

Also while I am venting and having a rant and talking fuel pumps...

My car has sat for 6 years and when last running I was using that nf formua octane booster at a low mixture and had a small amount of fuel left in the tank.
Well I can only assume its the octane booster but its killed both my fuel pumps and corroded and stuck like this gummy crusty substance all over the steel metal work in the tank!

Its horrific and even left like a red thick power steering oil like sludge in the bottom of the tank,one to watch as I am sure it was the octane booster and has cost me £200 in fuel pumps*Evil or Very Mad

gtirx2

Sorry for copy and paste but on my phone.

Still having troubles with this and it intermittent and will burst into life now and then.
I am thinking relay but not sure which one,any ideas guys before i pull the cage and dash out

gtirx2

I hate this car...lol

I was considering that but as a last resort.

It will very rarly kick into life if i am either turning ignition on or off or touching battery terminal on/off.
Almost like a stuck or iffy relay?

I thought it was one of them green fuses in n/s fuse box as it worked for a day when i unplugged one and kept pulling it in and out,its a strange one.