Looking For Forged Pistons

serks2

Hi peeps

Were could i find forged pistons from???? and in what way would i need to have the engine in order to handle the forge pistons!!! dont mind me if i am talking crap but i dont really know about R's:-D

2 threads merged into 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Simmo

www.greenline.jp (Greenline Motorsports) are a good company for supplying things like aftermarket pistons/rods etc. Also put a request in to the Gtir Parts Wanted section - its quite likely someone has a set that they want to sell.

If you're sticking stuff like forged pistons in there, you'd probably want to do things like uprate the cams (to something like HKS/Kent) while you're at it. Depending on how much cash you've got to spend, you might want to look at putting in ARP rod bolts and having your conrods shot peened (or better still replaced for something like billet rods).

Theres plenty of threads under the Tuning and Upgrades forum where people are discussing forged piston options etc, have a search through there mate :)

Cheers, Simmo

O

Odin

Just ask rishi to get you some CP piston's from the states , I got mine for about $499 I think but that was a year or two ago.

Rob

paz

I'd suggest the real question you need to ask yourself is why do you want forged pistons?

If you need a complete engine rebuild, then it may be beneficial to just stick some in for 'futureproofing' - however if you're just looking for more power, then they're not always necessary depending on how much power you want.

What is it that you're looking for from the car?

Paz

serks2

Well the R i baught had forged pistons but the are snaped now!!! i know that with them the car was off!!! the reason why they are broke is because the bottom end was blown and the prev owner drove the car to the garage and snaped the engine, so i thought as im getting a new engine i mite aswell get forged ones to make the car quicker!!

serks2

Ive just baught a pulsar with a blown bottom end!!!:doh: and now the piston snaped!!! im looking for replacments, i was thinking of getting forged ones as it was before! can anyone give me some advice in what to do!!

P

powerfreack

what size are the ones you have fitted in it at the moment and pistons dont just snap there is a reson why and what is damaged on the piston

serks2

Im not really sure!! well i know they were bigger then standerd!!! The prev owner tryed to drive the car with the bottom end knocking really bad and then all of a sudden the piston blew!!!

P

powerfreack

you have already asked this qeustion

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40241

and the car is standard acording to your last post

so its very doubtfull it has forged pistons in it due to the power it was running etc

i think you may have been told some bull s**t about it having forged pistons unless it was done in japan

what does it say on top of the piston

and you dont know if the pistons are even damaged yet as you havent stripped the engine and inspected them

Last edited by a moderator:

EVOBAD

what do u mean by snaped the engine ,forge pistons dont mak car faster u only need forge if u going 2 run 400plus

P

powerfreack

EVOBAD said:
the japs dont do forge they just run higher ron fuel so strd pitons last forever

dont talk rubbish some come over and have forged pistons

when i first got myn i belived it to be stock engine untill i striped it and found forged rods and cams aftermarket cams / gas flowed head etc

it was even still running the standard exuast and fillter

P

powerfreack

if i was you mate you seam to know litle history of the car and whats even up with it

i would just buy a engine and keep your nakerd one for a spare maybe a rebuild

standard pistons will take some abuse but when building a engine why not fit them as it will make it easyer to sell with a forged engine in my opinion