lockwood white dials

yellow gtir

hi i have recently fitted my white dials in and they do not work propely e.g. revs moves slow the speed reads 25mph with out moving and moves even slower when driving more then 25mph. has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it ?? or can anyone fix them around where i live?? many thanks

gtirjoey

i managed to pull off fitting them to my car with no problems, tried it with another set and totally messed them up from what i gather you have a 1 in thousend chance of them working

nitrosgti-r

you should have read the destructions mate lol. I think its says that you have to hold the needle shaft with some tweezers so it doesnt move. I dont this and f#cked mine right up but i fixed them by rigging the dials back up when the car is at normal running temp and then putting the needles back on when the dials are reading what they should be...... A good thing to think about is, if your gonna be doing any track time and its a static sound check @ a certain amount of revs, then make the rev counter read a bit more revs than it should so your exhaust wont be so loud.

Hope this helps?

yellow gtir

ok mate cheers for that, but i was told by someone that if start the car and just take the needles off and push them back on slowly and they should move smoothly and free, would this work??

Yer just take all needles off and keep engine running for quite a while till rad fans come on (up to temp) then put the needles back on carefully pointing where they always used to. Dont push them in too far either or they will rub against face. Should take a pic of the old dials before starting the job so you know where they all are.