little rubber grommet missing..

A

Anonymous

hey was looking around the engine yesterday and noticed a little rubber gromet was missing (size of it is about 5 mm accross.)
okay just behind the block at the top and to the left(basiclly behind the oil refill spot,)
there is a green coil looking thing, under that or near that there is like a metal,alloy thing best described as an upside down cone,
well in the top of this there is a little rubber grommet. then theres another cone shaped things along to the right under the intercooler,but this one doesnt have a rubber cap in the top,(cant see if the other 2 are on further along cause the ic is in the way)
IF ANYWONE CAN MAKE SENCE OF WHAT PART IM TALKING ABOUT could you let me know if these are inportant to be on the car or not??
(did notice that when i started the car it didnt go to cold idle of 1500rpm it only went to 1200rpm, but this could be to do with my timing problem.
Thanks. luke..

J

jasegould

There are little plastic caps or grommets that go over the balancing adjusters ( :?: ) on the throttle bodies, one for each throttle and yoy can only see 2 with the IC on, if they are missing it can cause the car to idle high.
If you do a search under "idle" you'll probably find some pictures

A

Anonymous

thanks for that mate.... only thing ive noticed is that my cold start has dropped down ,and so obviously doesnt stay on cold start for as long....
(where abouts do you get the rubber gromets from??)
thanks... Luke....

J

jasegould

Try Nissan, or just be inventive :D Some one may have some spares, or try and find someone who is breaking an R.