LINK: knock link DET sensor

M

Mart

Does anyone have one on their R?
Are our Knock/DET sensor good enough to just run the knock link, or do u need a uprated knock sensor?

Cheers :lol:

A

Anonymous

scrap it

mart, if i was you i would of said this was the least of ur worries! The knocking was probably ur 'box falling apart.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Mart said:
Does anyone have one on their R?
Are our Knock/DET sensor good enough to just run the knock link, or do u need a uprated knock sensor?
i have 1 fitted in mine.was of great use when mapping the car,along with other things b4 anyone starts.

imho,would say it is only really needed on higher spec/boost cars.

M

Mart

oap-r, is your knock link connected straight to the standard knock sensor? or did u put an uprated on it.

Its just i might be able to get one off a friend cheap and would be worth having to moniter things if cheap

M

Mart

Mart said:
Its just i might be able to get one off a friend cheap and would be worth having to moniter things if cheap
read above!
my friend might be selling his car, and hopefully might sell me his

A

Anonymous

Mart said:
oap-r, is your knock link connected straight to the standard knock sensor? or did u put an uprated on it.
can`t tell for sure as i can`t see but,i`d say it was put onto the std sensor.
dp will be able to tell you for certain.

skiddusmarkus

I've heard the knock sensors on the R aren't very good and can pick up lots of other noises in the engine and cause the boost to be reduced-some people wire in a resistor and earth it so that it's bypassed altogether.
Is it the sensor itself that's not up to scratch or the unit that receives the information?