limiter

J

Jamie_GTIR

when i bought my R a few weeks ago i saw the speedo was in mph so i automatically thought that it has been de-limited from its pre-set 112mph limiter. However when taking it up to this speed (on a private track of course!) i find out it is still there, and the "mileage" and "trip" couters are boht working in kph still as well.
I am not technically minded, so would i have to take it somewhere to be de-limited?, and how come the speedo is showing mph (shows upto 150mph if that helps) but everything else is still as kph and the limiter is still on??

J

japedup

WELL I WAS GOING TO BY A PULSAR A FEW MONTHS AND THE GARAGE TOLD ME THAT IT WOULD STILL BE LIMITED BUT THE CLOCK WILL READ IN MPH. THE DODGY RAT TOLD ME THAT THEY JUST STICK A DIAL OVER THE OLD 1 AND THE JOBS DONE.CHEAP AND NASTY WAY SO HE DIDNT HAVE FORK OUT FOR LABOUR THIS COULD BE YOUR PROBLEM MATEY

J

J-GTi-R

Sodding dealer is just trying to save £50 for a proper converter. I jhave the same 'conversion', except the dealer damaged the mechanism when he was putting the mph face on antd the speedo doesn't work properly.