limiter or not limiter

A

Anonymous

I've got a imported H reg pulsar that has a slight problem,when trying to use all the revs in the car cuts out,it dosent happen in 1st and 2nd but when in 3rd it cuts out at 80mph,4th 100mph and 5th 120,then i dont get power back untill 100mph??,its like hitting a limiter :( .

It had a delimiter in when I got it but I got a different one fitted just incase that was the problem,its doin my head in now.could it be too much fuel going in and making it cut out under load in those gears??the spec is.......well dump valve,17s and a peco exhaust...did peco ever make a system for the pulsar??it could be a made up system,sounds like a rally shlaaaaaag :D ,any help would be great.

thanks

Mr.R

B

big boy

peco do make an exhaust for the pulsar! does this happen at the same revs or just speed related?

jamie

J

J-GTi-R

Peco do indeed make an exhaust for the 'R, because I have one on mine. Lovely sound, too!!

Your problem could be fuel pump realted, but it should have the same problem in all gears (unless you still have enough fuel pressure to get up to the redline in 1st and 2nd and it's only when you really have to wind the car out that is can't cope).

Does it stutter at all, or is it a hard cut-out?

A

Anonymous

Im not sure what the revs are in 3rd,4th,5th when it cuts out,I was thinking it was fuel related,i'd like to get it on the R/R but theres none in the south where I live for 4wd :( ,it doesnt do it in 1st and 2nd,and it happens at differant revs??help me do a high speed run. :D

A

Anonymous

theres no stutter,just cuts out,when in 5th at 120 there just nothing there at the throttle until it gets down to 100.

ashills

mine does exactly the same

ive got uprated fuel pump and afc and still cuts in
3rd at 7k
4th at 6.4-5k
and 5th 5.5-6k
never get more than 125 out it in 5th due to teh cut
thinking of making a fuel cut defencer to c if that stops the airflow meter cut R's seem to have
(read alot about it on the teh sr20 forum and they recon u can cut a wire to get around it as it works on the MAF voltage getting to high and cutting the car so by maybe cutting this wire it may stop the problem but not sure if it will stop anything else or upset anything)

might just go with a 3 bar map sensor and junk the MAF altogether

ashills

have a look on the sr20 forum i cant remember exactly which on eand dont want to tell u the wrong one
think it could be teh yellow wire on teh back of the clocks or one off teh MAF plug
check on th eforum as i say theres a 3-4 page thread about it

A

Anonymous

Im not havin any luck finding this wire,I dont want to go changing stuff that aint broke,im starting to think its fuel related..