Lightweight Wheel Lug Nuts / Studs

olliecast

Evening all,
I`m after some new lug nuts, but there seems to be limited choice when looking for a quality locking, lightweight set (to be used for competition and left on the car at home while i`m at work!).

The muteki wheel nuts look good but i`m sure the taper length is so short it`ll sit into my wheel!

The only ones i can see that are not just a standard hex are Rays ones but these are over 100 quid and not open ended (for scruitineer friendlyness).

Anyone share what they`ve got or would recommend?

Cheers,
ollie

P

pulsarboby

pm essex pulsar on here as he has a brand new set which hes now gonna sell as weve fitted steel ones instead!

olliecast

are they alloy then?
I`m pretty sure the muteki are steel. I`m not keen on the corrosion issues on alloy ones.

P

pulsarboby

ah right sorry thought it was alloy ones you were after, and no i dont like or trust the things either

P

pulsarboby

ive got steel ones long reach but no idea what make they are. ive had alloy ones come loose on track before and ive also stripped the thread on them by overtightening the things, they definately dont inspire any confidence lol

Animaldaz

Ive got these NUTS they are spline drive so act as a locking nut, they are steel and fitted perfectly. I bought enough for a 5 stud car just so i had some spare, i also bought an extra key just incase. Iirc total delivered was about £35.

olliecast

right, got some steel ones so the msa geezer will be happy.
From unit 8, very helpful guys.
Locking aswell.
These:

Also, they`re open ended so i can leave a bit of wheel stud poking out the end when i fit my longer ones tomorrow just incase that 0.5mm gap between my caliper and wheel gets a bit intimate when warm and i need to put a spacer on.

They were 50 quid all in,

Cheers,
ollie

Trondelond