Less Chatter And More Dump!!!!

P

pushermanR

Just fitted a dump valve that I picked up in Australia!!Its a adjustable one with a trumpet and its meant to sound the bee's!!But after fitting the beast all im getting is turbo chatter as the back pressure hits the tubby!!Plus I tried a friends Forge style(Group A) one and that give me the same but just a bit less CHAT!! The car is running around 1 bar according to the guage with a Goose zhaust and Induction Kit!!!Been thinking about putting a better air feed to filter too!!!
Would it make any difference to the problem at hand!!!
Any ideas would be great :? :? :?

A

Anonymous

pushermanR said:
Just fitted a dump valve that I picked up in Australia!!Its a adjustable one with a trumpet and its meant to sound the bee's!!But after fitting the beast all im getting is turbo chatter as the back pressure hits the tubby!!Plus I tried a friends Forge style(Group A) one and that give me the same but just a bit less CHAT!! The car is running around 1 bar according to the guage with a Goose zhaust and Induction Kit!!!Been thinking about putting a better air feed to filter too!!!
Would it make any difference to the problem at hand!!!
Any ideas would be great :? :? :?
you might have too strong a spring fitted,which is not getting lifted running at just 1 bar.

A

Anonymous

pushermanR said:
Which ones work for sure on the GTI-R!!!!
know it's not much help but,you need to get a correctly rated spring for running 1 bar that fits into your dumpvalve :? have you tried contacting the manufacturer for the spring :?:

have you actually tried adjusting it :?:

i'd imagine that you'd unscrew it slightly,take it for a test run :twisted: and see if it works then.if it doesn't repeat above :wink:

if you manage to unscrew the adjuster right out without it dumping,i'd say you have the wrong spring fitted :cry:

P

pushermanR

The big one from Australia has a screw adjust at the top but that wont dump at all!!!On the Forge type one should i unscrew the casing slightly to see if its the spring!!! :D

A

Anonymous

pushermanR said:
The big one from Australia has a screw adjust at the top but that wont dump at all!!!On the Forge type one should i unscrew the casing slightly to see if its the spring!!! :D
if you've tried unscrewing it several times and it still won't dump,i'd say you had too strong a spring.

yes 8) unscrew the adjusting screw as this will take a little preload off of the spring.

i'm sure there has been people on here that have also had problems with the forge spring rates as well.try a search for dump valves or dump valve springs as iirc there are 2 different coloured springs to differentiate the spring rates.