Lack of boost only .5 . . . . .actuator??

Hello, Basically, I went to York about a month since and got my arse kicked, not good! I have a greddy profec B controller on the r and this seems to work! In standard mode it only boosts to .5 and then when I turn the controller on it should boost to .9 but only boosts to .7. Firstly I bypassed the boost controller and it still only boosted to .5. Then I disconnected the vacuum pipe from the actuator and blanked of the outlet from the inlet manifold, (also tried without blanking the pipe!), In theory it should run unlimited boost, or so I thought, but it didn't, it boosted to about .8 (standard boost gauge) and it run fine, didn't miss a beat! I've also had the vacuum pipes and inlet smoked so know i've no leaks at all! And then the last thing i found confusing was the pipe from the inlet manifold to the actuator on tickover and when you rev it up slightly, it blows not sucks, I thought it should constantly suck?? I'm wondering if you guys think its the actuator or if you have any other ideas? I just dont fancy taking the turbo off to fit one and it not curing the problem! Thanks for your time, hopefully you can help! :thumbsup:

gtir_pimp

not hijacking here but how did you put smoke in the vac pipes? or what was used ,etc? mine also blows instead of sucking but mine works ok. sounds like actuator

Ha ha, no problem and thanks for the guess, lol! I took it to my mates garage and a smoker burns baby oil and it has a tiny connector which fits inside the vacuum pipes, you just put it on a few different one's, ie, to the actuator, to the inlet manifold etc and see if any smoke comes out anywhere else besides the air filter. Hope that helps!

P

pulsarboby

the pipe works on vacuum pressure when butterflies are closed but as soon as they are open then the pressure alters to +, in other words it will force air out.
this you need in order to operate the actuator as it opens the wastegate via positive pressure.

if your turbo was not running unlimited boost with actuator pipe disconnected then it sounds as though either the linkage has come off at the wastegate end or the exhaust housing surrounding the wastegate is cracked, this in turn is putting what would be your turbine pressure back through the exhaust system

Last edited by a moderator: