Knocking/Vibrating exhaust (Mongoose)

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'v got a mongoose exhaust and find it knocks/rattles and is starting to piss me off. There seems to be a fair bit of play with the exhaust mounts/bushes which could be the problem.

Any other mongoose owners have the same problems? where would I be able to get cheap replacements for the exhaust mounts?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I found my exhaust clamp on the rear section worked loose and caused a knocking from the rear. I aslo had slight clearance issues with it catching on the whiteline 4 point lower brace sometimes, but that's roted now.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
If you’re finding that your goose is hanging too low and the mounts are not coping, you could always put a couple of tie wraps round the rubber mounts to support it better and possibly reduce/stop the knocking. ;-)

kenan

South West Regional Rep
fubar andy said:
If you’re finding that your goose is hanging too low and the mounts are not coping, you could always put a couple of tie wraps round the rubber mounts to support it better and possibly reduce/stop the knocking. ;-)
Yeah done that and still seems to be a fair bit of play

Animaldaz

You can get poly exhausts mounts which have less movement then the oe rubber ones. It may just need re-hanging as there is a few places they can rub, like the subframe, and if you have the 5"tail then that can hit the bumper .

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Animaldaz said:
You can get poly exhausts mounts which have less movement then the oe rubber ones. It may just need re-hanging as there is a few places they can rub, like the subframe, and if you have the 5"tail then that can hit the bumper .
Any idea where from and do you have to get generic ones

youngsyp

The mounts above would do the best job but, you could always fill your stock mounting rubbers with silicon sealant, to make them 'stiffer'.

I've recently done that to mine and it makes a big different to how much the exhaust can move around !

Paul