Knocking noise + clutch

chrisniss91

I just started my car up and left it sitting there and it was really noisey. The engine was making a loud knocking noise. I got in the car and put the clutch pedal down and the noise stopped, any ideas[?] Also every now and again the clutch will engage close to the floor then the next minute be fine again Any ideas[?]

ex-gtir

i had the same noise assumed it was the clutch release bearing changed it but turns out to be main imput bearing in box
what clutch have you helix tend to vary the bit point dont know why

chrisniss91

quote: main imput bearing in box
I take it thats in the gearbox[?] I had mine rebuilt in february should they of changed all this. If it is this i take it its a big job. If on my car it is the release bearing what kind of job is that[?]

GINGA

If it is a faulty clutch or input shaft bearing take it back to they who shall not be named[;)]as its there problem as it should still be under warranty[;)]

Wanted 16" raceline rl7's

chrisniss91

Went out in the car for about half an hour and it was fine[:0] Have i defiantely got a problem[?]Cos i dont want to take it to a garage and have nothing to show them or noises for them to hear. If it is either of the problems how long normally should it last b4 it breaks etc[?]

chrisniss91

Booked in too the garage, for them too have a look. The gearbox is guarenteed for a year but anything to do with the clutch isnt[:(]