Knock Sensor

A

Anonymous

Got the knock sensor off :D but now having real probs getting it back on anyone got any advice

cheers

Si
ps can`t get me arm up to startt it on the thread

kyepan

have you undone the exaust at the end of the down pipe and moved it to one side?

also I hear that taking the cast iron y bracket off the back of the block helps.. although i think its there for a reason like supporting the weight of the plenum or somthing.. don't quote me though.

good luck.

JB

A

Anonymous

not got the exhaust off yet, does it make areal difference someone tell me it does been laying on my back for nearly 9 hours now wish i`d just taken the bloomin engine out, good news is got the y bracket off somebody please help

A

Anonymous

I`m lying under the car trying to get it on but with the exhaust on can`t get my hand up to start the bolt on the threadif I take the exhaust off can i get my hand up there??? its so annoying :twisted: :twisted:

hmmm

not too sure mate. You may aswell give it a go seeing as you've already spent 9 hours on it :shock:

I will be replacing my knock sensor soon so i may be asking for your advice in the near future :wink:

Hope you get it sorted and I'm sure someone here will help you out as quite a few people have had to replace their knock sensors.

J

jiw

i did mine the other week in 4-5 hours, thats removing the downpipe oil filter and y bracket, follow that guide step by step and you cant go wrong, jeff