knock sensor

A

andy n

dont know if this is in the right section, but is the gtir knock sensor the same as the one on the 300zx?

topcat

yes the knock sensor is the same... infact its same on the sr20de, vg30dett, vg30de,.. hope that helps..

ashills

if u look on some american sites they do a bosch item that is under 100 quid and its exactly the same case as ours
so maybe made for JECS by bosch???

kyepan

aparently the bosch shares some catalogue numbers.. but we were not totally sure it was the same spec, so we had to go with a nissan one.. :cry:

A

andy n

my old man reckons his bosch rep might be able to help out here. i'll see what happens.

A

andy n

right then, does anyone know the nissan part number for the knock sensor?

topcat

pm me yr mobile number and ill txt u the part number from work tommorow.. there about £150 squids tho :)

P

purplemonster

the knock sesnor looks the same as my old GM knock sensor?

and to my knowledge they work in the same way ,so my opinion is that it will work on an R

ROBERT

A

AJ4

The characteristic knock frequency changes from engine to engine - most sensors are tuned over a particular frequency range to suit each particular engine. I'd be careful plumbing in just any old one incase it doesn't measure any knock at all :shock:

ashills

i have heard that but think that if it was very exact then things like teh knock link wouldnt work but they seem to be very popular on a wide range of cars

P

purplemonster

the knocklink knock sesnor looks the same as a nissan and gm sensor.
and i will be connecting my knocklink sesnor to my factory niissan sensor and share the signal rather than fitting 2 sesnors,and im 99.99% that it will work ,as they work in the same way as i have said,

even the connectors that fit both sesnors are the same,and made by the same company also,i work in the motor trade ,and its very common for car companies to use the same sensors,its cheaper for them to build cars that way etc

also the fuel tank sesnors read the same resistance as a gm sender unit?

all makes sense to me ,

me and muppet fitted an aftermarket 3 wire oxygen sensor in his R and it works fine,as 99% of them work in the same way also

ROBERT

topcat

ok i checked at work today the part number of the knock sensor is..22060-30P00 its £159. £186.83 inc the vat. :) u could ask yr local dealer for a discount. hope this helps.