knock sensor,bottom end bearings

H

hijacker1

hi,my knock sensor keeps kicking in afer about 10 mins,its cutting boost and holding back big time! also when i rev the car to about 2500 in every gear i can hear a rattle but cant quite wer its coming from,it does it in nuetral aswel. The oil temp is fine and the pressures fine(if i be paranoid i wud say it has dropped slightly but nothing major and still is within what it should be). how to i find out exactly wat it is?if it is the bearings then does anyone know how much it will cost to sort out be replacing everything standard :?: not going to be running big bhp or anything. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

zia

obviously it's detting.you need find out why it detting? .air/feul ratio, weather it too lean or timing is advanced,also check that there are no hot spots in the chamber.are you on high boost? what is the engine temp like?what grade of plugs have you got?.check these first before assuming it need main or big end bearings.

zia

H

hijacker1

zia said:
obviously it's detting.you need find out why it detting? .air/feul ratio, weather it too lean or timing is advanced,also check that there are no hot spots in the chamber.are you on high boost? what is the engine temp like?what grade of plugs have you got?.check these first before assuming it need main or big end bearings.

zia
have tried a new afm and have always been runing standard boost but it cuts down when the knock sensor kicks in.the engine temp is fine and got ngk plugs but i think i might need new ones.gona probably sell it and let sum1 else sort it out.

thanx for the advice
regards Jamil