knock sensor again lol

ashills

has anyone repositioned teh standard sensor as im buying a new sensor and lead to be 100% sure its all ok

could it be mounted lower on the block ie where teh old AC bracket used to go as theres a thread there thats ideal and on teh front

A

AZ STE

I think it relys on surface contact so as long as the face has full contact you should be ok id make sure its torqued right as well.If it solves the problem id put it in its right place eventually :wink:

ashills

managed to get it off by just removing teh exhaust and putting a long reach extension up there 25 minutes and it was off
now ive run a new wire and putting teh new one on teh front of teh block

T

Toady

what were the symptoms of your det sensor playing up, as mines messing up and the blink code comes up with det sensor. has replacing it fixed the prob? :wink:

A

andy n

symptoms of mine were: even more horrendous fuel consumption, engine going into safe mode as soon as it got warm (low boos, over fuelling, retarded timing etc) i changed the sensor and its right as rain. took me bloody ages to do. if you can, get it up well high on a lift. theres a how to on the forum.

T

Toady

well mines not going into safe mode, and the fuel economy is great for an R- prob cos i cant boot it! :lol: but so far ive done 240miles and still have just under a 1/4 of a tank to go! :shock: i wouldnt get more than 220 from full to reserve light coming on on my last R! :wink:
i think my problem is ecu related! :evil: