JIC Coilovers

Hello guys,
just wondering if any one out there running JIC coilvers as i'm very close to purchasing a 2nd hand set plus the simple fact is i cannot affoard a set of Tiens brand new plus i cant find any 2nd hand Tien HAs anyway.

Anyway so what's your opinon, pros and cons about JIC and are they easy to service?
Chjeers
:D

A

Anonymous

get hold of r called jay,he has these,and i think he rates them quite highly.

Btw are they very crashy?
Anyway any idea what are the spring rating u are using?
Does it makes quite a tremendous improvement on the road in terms of general handling on the typical roads u drive on? Easier to dial out the understeer?
Or they easy to service and easy to setup?
The quality of the prodcut decent?
Any other tips when trying to setup coilovers?
I'm very new with tinkering with the chassis and trying to sort out the handling of this car now.

Currently got the chassis seam welded and running a front and rear strut bar. I guess the only thing is that its short of a roll cage hahaha.
I didnt bother to get the lower brace as i dont wanna have problems clearing speed breakers.

Also does anyone know whats the story with the bumpsteer kit that someone out there initially wanted to fabricate them and undercut the Powerstation market? Keke
Cheers

otter

Ive got them on my car and i havent a clue how to adjust them
Theres a screw type thing on the top. Doesnt seem to do much tho :?

Anyway the last jic inserts leaked so i bought a new set and ive had them on my car for a month and the front ones are totally F*cked already!

Maybe its cos im very rough on the country roads up here in cumbria. :?
Or maybe it because i didnt really know how to set them up properly ie. where the spring should sit?? :roll:

There going back tho thats for sure! 8)

Nad

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Currently got the chassis seam welded and running a front and rear strut bar. I guess the only thing is that its short of a roll cage hahaha.
Have u got it seam or stich welded. Seam welding can make the chassis too stiff and cause it to crack and split elsewhere. For this reason I am only stich welding mine around the front area of the car and the suspension turrets, not around the whole car so it can still twist slightly.

Nad

A lower brace shouldnt have any affect on going over speed breakers as they are directly in-line with the front wheels (so as long as you aint going to fast you'd be sweet.) It will affect ground clearance though.

Can you guys post pics of the welding to your cars? (thats getting pretty serious aye). I would just get a lower brace and a cage if i wanted to stiffen it up.

Actually its more like spot welded when done on my car.
Some like this: 1cm seam/ then 1.5 gap/ 1cm seam.

Yeah if u seam weld the whole car i think its abit too extreme as the car needs a certain degree of flexibility. Plus my car is more road car than anything else.

Basically i guess i'm running similiar setup to yours Nad. But the front was extensively spot welded all over the place.

Well actually i like the idea of the underbrace but the thing is i know myself i cannot live without ground clearnace as i'm too use to being oblivious to anything high and i dont like the idea of crabbing around speedbreakers.
Doesnt help that i drive a Range Rover Classic as an everday car. Wait till u see my weekend offroader. 35inch mud tyres, 3inch suspension lift, detroit lockers, the full works.

So if i drive the R with an underbrace i'm gonna ground the car everytime without realising it.

Anyway anymore JIC Magic users out there? Kayaba New SR are just way too comfortable, i need hard rock suspension keke.
:twisted:

Nad

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Actually its more like spot welded when done on my car.
Some like this: 1cm seam/ then 1.5 gap/ 1cm seam.
Stitch Welding then :wink:

Nad