JE Forged Piston prices

boucherie

Ive been offered a brand new set of JE forged pistons and rings with the following details, but im just seeing if these are any cheaper than importing them from america or somewhere as they are already in the EU so wont have to pay customs duty.

Details:

87mm JE forged pistons with rings.
pistons are 8,5:1 compression ratio
The piston have ceramic coated crown and snitfriction skirt coating from JE
They name thermal barrier crown coating and tuff skirt coating on the je web site.
Total price for coatings is $165
Pistons do have oil cuts for oil jets and require no mods.

They are looking for around the £450 price range

Opinions please!

Mr GTiR

If that price is delivered to your door then take them. To order a set of 87mm JE pistons from the States will take 4 weeks from payment. If you want them coated then add another 2 weeks on top.

I usually get 87mm JE pistons for about £360 - £380 dependent on exchange rate.

boucherie

does your price include the coating and have you ever had to pay customs duty on them when they get here?

i dont need any right this minute but ive got some overtime money burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Mr GTiR

boucherie said:
does your price include the coating and have you ever had to pay customs duty on them when they get here?

i dont need any right this minute but ive got some overtime money burning a hole in my pocket!!!
No coating just a standard 87mm piston kit.

With regards to custom tax it's all down to pot luck. I've ordered a box full in the past before and no tax then order 1 set and got charged £30.....work that out :der:

J

jpward

I just bought a set of 87mm from B&E With special coatings working out about the £320 Delivered mark ;-) ;-)

and if the parts are in europe you can still have to pay duty! remember its anything over £36 imported regardless if bought in europe i am happy enough to risk the US tax for the fact its near $2:£1

:thumbsup:

Speak to Eric tell him i recomended you, you should get good discount since i just spent a fare few green one's with him!

eric@bnecustoms.com

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
RishiGTiR said:
I can get piston kits for £200. :lol:

Rishi
So why am i paying you £225 you robbing tart :twisted:

The piston kit is made by Mahle and they truly are works of automotive art :thumbsup:

The pistons are forged with an 86mm diameter and an 8.5:1 compression ratio.

They also come with a ceramic coating on the crown and a friction reducing coating on the skirts 8)

For all that are raising rev limits,the pistons are some of the lightest on the market and should hold together for a few more revs ;-)

The only downside is,AGRA will have to machine a slot for the oil squirters.

Just thought of another little hitch,you have to wait until the chairman goes to Dallas again to get them for that price :doh:

If anyone is interested,the chairman and i both have photos of the piston kit which can be sent by e-mail if required 8)

recaro18

I am i right in saying that the 86mm pistons will fit straight into the standard bores? but the 87mm will need slight boring? also if people could put up a few links or contacts of decent forged piston kits and rods etc it would be really helpfull for the people planning a rebuild like myself!

cheers

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
recaro18 said:
I am i right in saying that the 86mm pistons will fit straight into the standard bores? but the 87mm will need slight boring? also if people could put up a few links or contacts of decent forged piston kits and rods etc it would be really helpfull for the people planning a rebuild like myself!

cheers
I would never get 86mm pistons put in during a rebuild unless as i'm doing,getting new liners fitted and machined to suit.

The pistons as std are 86mm and the pistons rings wear on the liners from day 1.If you put 86mm forged pistons straight in,you'll never get a decent gas seal.You can also get 86.5mm pistons that will just need a slight honing to get them to fit.

There are literally loads of piston manufacturers such as Cosworth,Jun,HKS,CP,Mahle etc etc that are all good.It's just that some are slightly better suited than others depending on what you want from your engine.

I had a set of CP pistons that took a tremendous amount of heat/pressure before they finally let go and the only reason i'm going for Mahle this time was that my engine builder rates them very highly.And of course,Rishi got them at a great price....ta mate :thumbsup:

Give Rishi a PM about the piston kits as he has a fair bit of info on them and you never know,if you doff your cap,bow,grovel and scrape,he might be able to sort you something.Otherwise you'll have to go to the robbing ba$tards (Tuners :evil: ) for them.

AGRA said that the cheapest their supplier would sell them the Mahle kits was £375 :shock: