ITB water heat

zer099

I’ve searched and came up with little. The water inlet/outlet on the back of our ITB is for heating the ITB during the cold months, correct? I can’t see them actually doing any real cooling. Disconnecting it should yield no harmful after affect other than maybe a frozen ITB in a freak winter storm that I wouldn't drive in anyway, right?

I question this because I am doing some cleanup work on the engine while it’s out and figured since here it never really gets cold (it gets below freezing maybe once a year for a few hours at night) and I’m looking to do any little thing there is to bring the intake temp down a little just because it never hurts.

Comments? And thanks in advance!

saddler

I’ve searched and came up with little. The water inlet/outlet on the back of our ITB is for heating the ITB during the cold months, correct? I can’t see them actually doing any real cooling. Disconnecting it should yield no harmful after affect other than maybe a frozen ITB in a freak winter storm that I wouldn't drive in anyway, right?

I question this because I am doing some cleanup work on the engine while it’s out and figured since here it never really gets cold (it gets below freezing maybe once a year for a few hours at night) and I’m looking to do any little thing there is to bring the intake temp down a little just because it never hurts.

Comments? And thanks in advance!
you will have no problem's..!! there are quite a few pulsars running without the hot water inlet..my car included.. (what is the point of having hot water running into the intake when your running a fmic and trying to get cool air in)also get yourseld a thermal intake gasket this will help keep the intake coooool 8) cheapest place is here..
read this thread and contact mr_nismo
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48390&highlight=thermal+intake+gasket&page=2
all the best
saddler..

zer099

Sweet deal. Thank you for confirming that. And thanks for the heads up on the thermal gasket, but I got one from him early last year. There was a good drop in temp from that. I'm putting in a air intake gauge (Davtron In/Out Air Temp gauge) so I can see exactly what my air temps are in there plus see if that FMIC is doing a good job in the GA heat.