Is my old Car still alive? (The Marlboro One)

nickg123

Some of you will remember but I had a Pulsar back in 2002/2003 time and had it all modified and painted up in Marlboro rally colours....

I know a lad bought it and sold it quickly to someone in the North East who i believe pretty much ruined it (Clarkey i believe) and he also ripped some people off from here which was a shame :-(

I've never heard or seen anything of it since so can only assume the worst has happened.....

Out of any cars i've owned in the past, this is the one that still niggles me, I'd absolutely love to own another GTI-R one day, maybe a more discreet one next time with sensible mods but I do often wonder what happened to it, hope it's on the road to recovery somewhere and not in a scrap pile!

Any info would be appreciated though, I often re-visit this place mainly to look at the For Sale section but it's shocking to see how many seem to get sold for parts now and completely broken down.... 8-9 years ago this place was buzzing full of some really nice cars!

P

pulsarboby

haha i copied your paintwork theme from this car for my trackcar
nice looking motor but not a clue where it is but for the record weve not stripped it

Georges Dad

I'm sure I used to see this car in 2008 in the Longport/Tunstall area of Stoke-on-trent mid 2008. It still had the red graphics but no Marlbro lettering, and then towards the end of the year it had been made all white again. I used to see it on a daily basis too.

nickg123

I'm sure I used to see this car in 2008 in the Longport/Tunstall area of Stoke-on-trent mid 2008. It still had the red graphics but no Marlbro lettering, and then towards the end of the year it had been made all white again. I used to see it on a daily basis too.
I doubt it was the same car then as all the red bits were actually painted, the only stickers were the actual letters but all the logos etc were paint!

mikeyp

was this the car that lived in berkshire and went to the reading jap meets sometimes? seem to remember seeing it there back in the day.

pulsar_stu

Clarky sold it to megamods (julian and bret) as a 2.1 stroker.
It wasn't and I'm pretty sure they broke it for parts in temper.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Oh, is that where all those white parts they were selling came from? - They've dried-up now, but they seemed to have most of a car in white and powder-coated bits at one time.

nickg123

was this the car that lived in berkshire and went to the reading jap meets sometimes? seem to remember seeing it there back in the day.
Yes Mike, i definitely took it to Reading at least twice, the old meets near PC World / Madjeski stadium?

nickg123

That's a real shame, why would you make up something like that!! So the car is no more then? Nothing left of the Shell at all?