Intercooler pipe run

whytie

I was just looking at the car and was thinking of just lowering the mount down a inch or 2.

RO_SUNNY

Hi Guys,

For a fact I do not have front engine mount. All my engine and gearbox mounts are solid and the rear anti roll engine mount is 100% rigid (made out of an steel pipe) and I didn't had any issues until now with the car.......I am running an 3071r turbo!

red reading

Hi Guys,

For a fact I do not have front engine mount. All my engine and gearbox mounts are solid and the rear anti roll engine mount is 100% rigid (made out of an steel pipe) and I didn't had any issues until now with the car.......I am running an 3071r turbo!
More for you, the idea of having some movement is to stop it stressing the mounts and shell,and also to stop NVH transferring to the cabin......you don't want NVH in the cabin of a road car like whites.

whytie

Had a mess around today think this will be the easiest option, just need to get it welded up.

red reading

Are the buffer mounts even actully needed
No nissan put them there for the fun of it! Of corse they are needed, they take some off the stress away from the weak gearbox casing, and are designed to take compressional force the other three are under rotational force which means they would need to be absolutely solid to resist engine movement and that will put un due stress in other areas.