installing a new head

goshko

Hi guys, i am getting this amazing deal on a newly rebuit head so I will be buying. My question is, what can I change while installing the new head on ? Timing chain ? Water pump ? oil pump ??? head bolts?

goshko

ya sont deja acheter mais je sort pas le moteur so ceu en arriere jpourrai pas plus les changers... back to english lol ... anyone else with an input ?

stumo

There is no need to change the cam chain.

Headbolts can be reused

Oil pump is the front cover, with the head off you could change that (and if you're doing it you could do the camchain)./ You can just get the oil pump internals which is a lot cheaper than buying the front cover.

The waterpump can be changed with the head on but is easier with the head removed.

Check all the air and water hoses on the back of the inlet manifold as they can and do leak.

With the head off you can get at the clutch master cylinder, remove the reservoir and clean it out (you will be shocked at how much dirt there is in there) then flush out the master cylinder.

Check the metal brake pipes that go to both front wheels for corrosion, if they are showing any change them as it's virtually impossible to do it with the head/inlet manifold on.

Remove the starter motor and look at the brushes ( i am 100% sure they will be almost worn out!!!), clean and regrease it too.

change the oil filter (much easier with the manifold off LOL)

i'm sure i'll think of something else....