Induction Kit

Pete Watson

What i am looking to do is move the filter forward (behind headlight) and replace the pipework from the Turbo. Does anyone do a full kit to do this i.e HKS, Blitz etc. I have seen a few on other cars but nothing for the GTiR.

Cheers Pete

Mr GTiR

make one yourself from silicon pipes and s/s tubing, that's what i did, cost me a grand total of £20

S

seanleed

I cut a bit out of the standard pipe and plastic welded it back together again, cost me nowt :D ;looks a bit cr@p though :oops:

1000ny

if you make your own s/s tube one, what do you do with all the small hoses that go into the standard pipe?

skiddusmarkus

One is for recirc valve-most people have this blanked off when they fit a BOV.One is for boost solenoid-most people also have this blanked off and other is for oil breather-is better not to have this goinf into induction pipe at all so put a min filter on end of pipe coming off rocker cover.

A

Anonymous

never seen a induction kit on a GTiR - anyone got a pic

nismoboy

hiteq do a s/s steel turbo to afm pipe for £150 and then just buy an induction kit of your chioce to put on the end of it.]

1000ny

recirc pipe... check bov in place
boost solenoid... whats this and what will it do if i remove it?
oil breather... yeah i could do that.

might have a go at this at the weekend if the weathers nice 8)

geetee

recirc pipe... check bov in place
boost solenoid... whats this and what will it do if i remove it?
oil breather... yeah i could do that.
boost solenoid controls the amount of boost pressure hitting the wastegate actuator. Many ppl have fitted after market boost control devices (bleed valve / Dawes Device / electronic boost controller). In this case the standard boost control solenoid is bypassed / disconnected in 99% of cases. It's fitted to the front of the top mount IC bracket - has 2 small pipes going to it and an electrical connector.

You can't just disconnect it and not have another means to control the boost.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)