Induction Kit Heat Shields???

Gray

Does anyone or can anyone make induction kit heat shields for the GTI-R compatible with a HKS Mushroom Filter? I'd quite like to swap the HKS one for an apexi filter but cant really afford the £200 to blow on one at the mo!

T

The Troll

Gray said:
cant really afford the £200 to blow on one at the mo!

Nah mate, you don't want to blow on the filter to keep it cool, you should build some sort of heat sheild round it :roll:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Can'y you just fab one out of some cardboard in the short term and see if it makes a difference?

Cardboard is easy to work with and insulates against heat. If it worked you could always stick some plastic to it and paint it black.

A bit "blue peter" but technically no different.

Gray

Thats a good idea that Jim!! I was actually thinking of getting a sheet of stainless from B&Q and working with that but if I do it in cardboard first I'll be able to make it easy and make a template on the metal.

Thats my project over the weekend sorted :D

Gray

Id Like one like on this car not sure whose it is
Also after the throttle body heat shield too - anyone know where I can get one of them?

Gray

had a look at the induction kit looks pretty straight forward
gonna get the cardboard out this weekend

geoff pine

that looks like a spec-r battery location kit not cheap. took mine of think it was becouse the box used to rattle it only came with one little bracket not the best designed kit for a gtir. i have thought of refitting it but will have to cut a hole for thr front mount pipe still got the induction pipe on must be the most expensive induction pipe you could buy.