Incorrect release bearing - ACT Clutch

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I fitted my ACT clutch yesterday but the supplied release bearing is to big to fit the bracket that holds it onto the clutch fork. Would using a stock one be ok or should I be looking for an uprated one to deal with the extra strain of an uprated clutch?

O

Odin

Just use the standard one, The ACT clutches are really for the rear drive SR20's so the supplied release bearing will never fit.

Rob

kenan

South West Regional Rep
RishiGTiR said:
The SR20 kits we have IN STOCK for the 200SX are exactly the same kits as for the Pulsar. We have never had any problems or comebacks with ACT clutchs, they are a very reliable product.
Above quote from group buy, not RishiGTiR if you get my drift

Not mentioned on the group buy, I'll drop Kev a line on monday and se if he has any in stock.

O

Odin

kenan said:
If Kev ain't got them would it be a Nissan dealer only part Rob?

No you should be able to get one from any good parts place mate.

Rob

kenan

South West Regional Rep
great, thanks Rob. Been reading on other threads and some people change the clutch for while the box was out, is this a week part? also anything else you'd change while I'm at it?

O

Odin

kenan said:
also anything else you'd change while I'm at it?

Yeah the whole car matey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , Get out while the getting's good ;-) .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

be very carefull before you fit this clutch with a different release bearing!
when you have the old one off, lay the pressure plate flat on a bench and measure from bench top to outer spring clearance (centre hole edge), then do the same with the other clutch and make sure there the same.

the reason i say this is because some pressure plates are a different depth and require the release bearing to be fitted as a 3 part kit! if you do not fit the release bearing with other clutch parts then you may have a problem engaging a gear as the release bearing will not fully dis-engage the drive plate.
chances are that it will be ok but it doesnt take 2 minutes to check before fitting it back;-)

if clearances are the same then a stock nissan release bearing will be more than adequate for the job (it is afterall just a bearing that spins)

gunmetalgtir

AFAIK an S14 clutch and a GTIR clutch are exactly the same apart from the release bearing so a standard Nissan one should do the trick.