Immobiliser & turbo-timer?

F

FOSSIE

Apologies if this has already been covered... Did a quick search but can't find an answer.

Anyway, my pulsar has a Blitz turbo-timer installed. My insurance company insist it has a Cat 1 immobiliser fitted, which I'm fairly keen on myself actually. It currently doesn't have any security.

BUT, can the immobiliser be fitted AND retain the turbo timer? Surely it will confuse the hell out of the immobiliser?

Surely you guys have been there already... If all else fails, I'll have to take the turbo timer out. (are they easy enough to take out?)

Thanks in advance.
Tom

R

richy p

your best bet is if you fit a clifford concept 650 cat 1 and use one of the accessory outputs as a turbo timer its usually about £35 on top of the cost of the alarm. hope this helps.

geoff pine

but dont forget that a turbo timer will invalidate your insurance .if you tell them you have it fitted they will not insure you .

SickBoy

Yup i use the clifford 650 and it runs the turbo timer but runs for about 1 minute

Does any one know if this time can be increased ????

Lee

Last edited:
G

GTI-R Kid

Mate of mine has had a new system fitted to his Glanza and they were able to program in an auto-arming timer that will turn on the alarm 2 mins after the key has left the ignition. Means his Blitz turbo timer can do its job and then the alarm fully activates itself.

I'll see if I can find out what it is and if it might be considered Cat 1 over in the UK.

R

richy p

the installation company can alter the time on the computer for you.

CruiseGTi-R

I've a Cat 1 fitted together with turbo timer. Clifford man said it was fine and gave certificate.

But, Adrian Flux said they won't insure you if you actually leave the car when the turbo timer is counting down.

In my book it means that IF the car gets nicked they'll have a perfect excuse to not pay up just saying 'but you've a turbo timer' even though I declared it.

I just got my renewal and I'm going to ask for written confirmation that a turbo timer with Cat 1 is ok. Its the only way not to get ****ed over.

geoff pine

when renewing my insurance none would insure me with a turbo timer(which is why idont have one fitted )if some one knows of a company that will insure with one then we could start from there. What the clifford man say means nothing as his company will not be paying out in full if you car gets stolen. A turbo timer over rides a pasive imobiiser why should the insurance pay out if some ones fitted a device thats overriden the main device design to stop the car being stolen . yes insurers will all ways fined ways of getting out of paying but why give them such an easy out.

CruiseGTi-R

Adrian Flux and Keith Michaels will both insure with turbo timers.

Just get written confirmation that its ok, then no biggie.

C

calR

ive had a intelligaurd 950 fitted to my pulsar Remote Engine start HAHA + its a turbotimer aswell.