Ignition Permenant Live??? Any hidden fuses???

dotalot

Got my car broke into lastnight and they tried to steal it, I always take out the fuel pump relay so they didnt get it but they done some damage to the ignition barrel and switch.

I managed to get the ignition to come on last night a couple of times by playing around with the key in the barrel but couldnt get it started.

By the time I got the switch out of the barrel I cant even get ignition lights or anything and I have found that the permenant live is no longer live.

Is there any other fuses anywhere that could have blown???, I have checked all the fuses I can find.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
These are the ones in the cabin, but I'd guess you want to check the ones in the engine bay:

Have you made sure that all the circuit breaker style ones are down? I'd just push them all to be sure.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Fusible link is the main protection for the battery isn't it?

Anyway, there are circuit breakers in the cabin:

...and obviously the ones in the engine bay too:

Chicco

off topic, where can i use a live from the headlights so that when the sidelights are on the gauges are lit?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Eh?
They should come on automatically with the side lights, or are you talking about after market gauges? - There's a circuit for it; that's how the stereo knows to dim when the lights are on too.