I it worth porting my standard Exhaust Manifold ?

M

Mikey

I have a spare that i am going to get plasma coated before i change my turbo and i am wondering if i should port i first ? What do you think ? :D

G

GTI-R Kid

Better air flow out is always going to be a good thing - so if you have the spare time i'd say go for it!

S

Sirnixalot

you wont get 30bhp or anything but yes its worth it. smooth out the walls and the ports as far in as you can. do not remove the center divider...it seperates the pairs of runners and reduces turbulance.....smoth/polish the walls though

M

Mikey

Cool thanks guys ! Not after loads of power out of doing it but every little helps !

M

Mikey

Yeah doing it myself with my Dremmel then having it Plasma coated. Its quite easy to do realy, just takes time. Im not taking any out just cleaning out the casting as you wouldn't belive how rough it is in there !

E

Edd

Give uncle ian a ring as he told me there is one big restriction inside the std manifold that you can grind away which will give you good gains :lol: :shock:

G

GTI-R Kid

If you do ring him let us know where the restriction is Mikey? Coz i might be doing the same thing (polishing the inside of the exhaust manifold) in the not-too-distant future. :wink: :)