How to remove the speedo and dash?

hmmm

Right as my clutch pedal creaks a bit, i am guessing that it needs welding. The part that breaks is located behind the speedo. Can anyone tell me how to remove the speedo and dash so I can have a look at the damage and check whether it actually needs welding or not. If anyone has any links to any sites where this has been covered, please do let me know.

Thanks again

Edited and moved to Regular maintenance - FAST GUY

G

gagge

What you do is you take off the steering wheel first, after that you unscrew all the screw... its about 8 screws I think.. then just ju pull the speedo out.. this is how Ive done

hmmm

I just want to be careful as i have heard stories of the speedometer messing up. Any wires need disconnecting etc

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

theres no need to do any of this just get a torch and look up under the drivers footwell. I welded a home made bracket on mine and i didnt stip a thing. nothing set on fire at all, just put a blanket down on the carpet :wink: its a bit of a pain but easier than stripping the dash

hmmm

I dont have the skill nor the tools to do any welding myself. If i can remove the speedo then i can make sure that it does actually need welding.

I looked under the footwell and saw a bolt right at the top which was loose. When i depressed the clutch this bolt would move slightly. I cant tighten it up as no spanner would reach that far as u have to hold it on the top side and tighten from the bottom. May be it is just this bolt that needs to be tightened or may be it is this bolt that is breaking away???
Will try take a picture and post it for u all to see.

Shaun

:D hmmm,contact Steve Pudney mate,i got a bracket off him that bolts on,and it does the trick,and best of all, no welding :lol:

G

GAZ P

2 screws hold the lower trim pannel in place the sides just clip in with this removed you should be able to get to the bracket.I've just got my whole dash ripped out at the mo to fit a new boost gauge so if you need any more info you can email me direct and I'll give you full instructions on how to get it out. :lol: :wink: :lol: