How to remove a mongoose exhaust.

pulsar kid

Heres my how to on Removing a mongoose exhaust centre section from the nissan pulsar without using a 2/4post ramp or a pit.
its a simple job and took me 35mins start to finish on my 1st attempt of doing this task.
Here we go then-,

1st of Tools needed.

Pair of axle stands,
Decent jack,
Can of wd40 or like,
Breaker bar,
Rachet with extension and 17mm socket.

2nd, youll be best of spraying the four subframe mounts with the WD40, then using the breaker bar crank all four nuts off then remove completly with rachet.
Heres picures of the nuts and cups on/off.

3rd, Make sure car is left in 1st gear and chocked up to stop it rolling away . then jack it up of the rear diff,

It only needs to be this height of the ground.

4th,place axle stands in front of rear wheels.

5th,This is were you need to be steady slowly lower the car down onto the axle stands, once done check there all safe.
Then start to lower the jack again slowly this time youll be slowly lowering the subframe. it only needs to come down 3-4inchs.
Heres a short clip of me lowering down my subframe.

Heres a picture to show you how far down it needs to be lowered to get it out.

And there you go bish bash bosh pipe out its a simple job to do.
Was pleased how it went.

Hope this may help any of you that in the future may decide to do it.
moderaters- if my spelling/grammer isnt up to correct english please feel free to edit,
Thankyou benji.:-D

nex

I had a similar prob fitting mine, but i was cheeky and drove down the road to the local garage with no exhaust and the goose in the boot, sneaked it onto the 4 poster! Didnt think about dropping the sub frame!