How to make your pressure only source!

RO_SUNNY

Hi guys / ladies.

Lately I have been struggling to get right this ''pressure only source'' for your external wastegate controlled by an electronic boost controller.

So....here we go.

First of all you need to pick from the spare''buttons'' you have on your compressor housing (if you don't have those spare ''buttons'' you can go along and pick a spot on your compressor housing and just drill it).
Then you need to drill a hole and make a thread to suit your tap.

don't forget to protect your turbocharger from the flying aluminium bits that will result from drilling and threading

Then...just thread your tap into position (I used the tap form the external wastegates water cooling)

Then...........''voila'' here is your pressure only source connected to the boost controllers solenoid and the external wastegate

RO_SUNNY

Couldn't you just have put it on a silicone pipe coming off the compressor and not risked fubarring yout turbo?

WTF you are trying to say by ''fubarring'' and ''yout''???

''Yout'' is your perhaps but what is ''fubarring''

I am not a native english speaker but this words I've never heard!

So.....I tried to do this on the recommendation of Turbosmart Australia and in my opinion this really good.

If you don't like it so be it ...........I already done it!!! It's no going back now! lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:

red reading

Gabriel, fubar mean's Fuck'd Up Beyond All Recognition or to ruin / break etc. there is nothing wrong with what you have done, that is what that lump on the casting is for!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think simon is hinting at the possibility of loosing abit of swarf in the turbo and causing damage when the turbo spools up or it sits in the engine and creates a hot spot for preignition or something.

TBH I'd have put it nearer the throttle body. As long as it's before it will still be pressure only but it will read nearer what the engine sees after all the inlet restrictions. I think on my montego there was about a 3psi difference between the two points.

skiddusmarkus

There's no need to be so arsey.If you had posted this in a section other than how to guides I probably wouldn't have posted but seeing as its here and others may want to do the same then they should be aware that there's an easier way and of the problems that can be caused with drilling into the turbo in situ where all you have to stop the swarf going into the compressor and wrecking the turbo is a sock.

Its a nice guide, but you should expect a little constructive criticism when showing people how to do stuff.

Trip

TBH I'd have put it nearer the throttle body. As long as it's before it will still be pressure only but it will read nearer what the engine sees after all the inlet restrictions. I think on my montego there was about a 3psi difference between the two points.
Depending how fast the turbo spools up. For a wastegate/acuator/boost control source on a fast spooling turbo, i would place it close to the turbo. For just boost reading, i would place it as close as possilbe to the engine possibly after the TB so i have boost and vacuum reading.